GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
This position is responsible leading the quality assurance engineering team for building & sustaining Software Quality teams for one or more product families or versions or entire application suite. The position requires to work closely with global engineering team and O&G Digital team in India. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self & others, &have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. Essential Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment.
• Provide leadership and technical direction for software quality assurance team, mainly for system level thinking, test automation, Agile & testing.
• Strong functional understanding of SDLC for Agile methodology.
• Functional Expertise on SW development on various technologies like C++, .net, UI Framework, Algorithm and Application code level.
• Drive new ways of thinking, across groups within the division, to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
• Find opportunities for collaboration across groups in the division, ensures that cross-team commitments are set, and achieves scale in his or her work efforts by enabling the work of others
• Establish and maintain relationships with required external and internal interfaces to ensure that customer requirements are understood and delivered
• Establish / modify / monitor overall engineering program requirements, timing, and resources to meet / exceed business objectives and goals
• Effectively communicate technical and financial aspects vertically and horizontally in the organization
• Ensure positive actions are taken to encourage growth, technical development, and improved interpersonal skills
• Resolve issues outside his or her area of responsibility and opens discussions with peers and takes action when needed to ensure the success of the product.
• Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps the organization gain the competitive edge.
• Promote technical excellence through design / technical review participation, sharing lessons learned and promoting culture of innovation
• Implement initiatives to continuously improve the responsiveness of the team to customer/business needs
• Ensure compliance initiatives and training requirements are implemented Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience Desired Characteristics: Technical Expertise:
• Extensive experience in of SDLC & Agile concepts.
• Extensive experience in designing & developing system level thinking, test automation & testing.
• Expert-level knowledge of C#, .net, performance testing
• Expert-level knowledge extreme development practices
• Preferably 3 years of experience in a Program/Project leadership role within an engineering environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including executive level presentation skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Leads teams in developing plans and assessing improvement options.
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
• Prioritizes projects based on an assessment of competitive needs. Anticipates areas of competitive vulnerability and offers plans to mitigate them.
• Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends. Acts as industry expert by participating in defining standards and open source initiatives.
• Creates a culture of customer focus and high performance to drive innovation. Creates and pitches value for the GE investor while balancing that with the sometimes competing value for the external customer. Continuous engagement with focus on GE strategy for customer satisfaction.
• Establishes framework for a culture of successful collaboration by defining a common understanding of who has decision rights and accountability, and how collaboration and transparency are rewarded.
• Establishes vision, Identifies and champions internal/external best practices, tools, and ideas to improve execution and quality. Drives an organization of efficiency, accountability and ownership
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions. Evangelizes and contributes to the GE standards for critical thinking best practices and methodologies across the enterprise. Defines new critical thinking methods. Engages with external thought-leaders and communities on analytical and critical thinking methodologies.
• Evangelizes the notion that anything worth doing takes repeated effort and failure. Drives the organization toward a continued excitement of attaining the vision and goal in the face of resistance.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems. Locations: