Sr Manager - Software Engineering
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:10:26 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for managing the work deliverables of the platform/product/solution.
This role demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Lead teams of software engineers primarily on one site to deliver needs of defined project / product
- Lead teams of sustaining or New Product Introduction (NPI) engineers to execute and complete assignments
- Manage team of engineers including performance and technical development
- Ensure project teams are resourced appropriately by maintaining appropriate engineer resource pool to be ready-to-serve project requirements
- Ensure technical mentoring and leadership
- Establish and drive productivity metrics while improving solution quality to the customer
- Create, communicate and drive a clear operating and prioritization rhythm for the team
- Work as part of a global team supporting product line issues
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in software.
Exposure to Microsoft & Web Based Technologies, .NET, C#, WPF, WCF, Java, Angular JS
- Good Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Managed multipe product teams with demonstrated people management abilities.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific reasoning to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market, and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding, and capability of the business
- Problem analysis and resolution skills
Locations: India; Pune