Lead Commissioning Engineer - BOP Electrical
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:10:49 PM
- Job Function: Project Management
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy Hydro
Location(s): India; Vadodara, Project Sites India - Global
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Attaining complete deep knowledge of BOP-Electrical commissioning. And can guide the team of engineers for attaining commissioning knowledge and completion of commissioning, status of documentation. Commissioning protocols. EHS plan, applicable standards, restrictions etc.
• Lead and establish commissioning activities at site.
• Plan and set up Commissioning tools etc. and ensure safety of commissioning tools..
• Establish site commissioning planning for the package and pull the fronts from erection team on time.
• Prepare erection handing over documents such as EES. Etc. along with erection Supervisors
• Execute daily (if required), weekly and monthly comprehensive commissioning reports to Commissioning manager.
• Set up the site filing and document control system for commissioning protocols
• Strategically execute the site commissioning Generator package .
• Strategically execute the GE Hydro EHS Policy and the site EHS plan
• Strategically manage the site schedule, progress of works for generator package
• Set up and strategically execute all the contractual site tests
• Develop team of engineers and train them as independent engineers for commissioning
• Take necessary actions to maintain high site morale
• Manage subcontracts / subcontractor staff.
• Coordinate with the erection team.
• Coordinate with engineering team at HO.
• Internal as well as external punch point clearance.
• Handing over the power plant equipment to client for his scope of work through CM
• Closing the site with minimum punch point.
• Possess sound knowledge of concern system commissioning of the plant.
• Handing over all the protocols and final settings to HO ( Commissioning head)
• Conduct Risk assessment for every activity and toolbox talks.
• Developing a Site Safety Culture during the site execution of the project
• Promote & develop a collaborative culture towards seamless execution of the site works between GE (erection & Commissioning), it’s sub-contractor, the customer and other contractors on site (e.g. civil works)
• Executing the package within the site installation budget.
• Achieving all Commissioning milestones within the site schedule for his systems.
• Maintaining an intensive customer relationship and a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Representation of GE to the customer and local authorities.
• Maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of GE at all times.
• Develop technical skills of the self and team time to time.
• Responsible to give/ share feedback of experience to H.O
• University degree (comparable with bachelor / master) or equivalent experience.
• 8-12 years experience in power plant Commissioning and engineering.
• Appropriate experience and training in general leadership and management technique.
• Sound knowledge of commissioning at least in one package and over all knowledge of other packages
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills for international communication
• Trained in Commissioning of BOP-Electrical and hands on experience of commissioning.
• Leadership and social competence
• Extensive knowledge of power plant systems
• Quick and thorough decision making
• Capable to train others
• Motivating and well-aimed promotion of ideas and concepts
• Delegating, setting priorities and acting directly towards the target, avoid “micro-management”
• Lead with an example.
• Self-motivated and achiever
• Open-minded / flexible for changes and new ideas
• Commissioning management
Locations: India; Vadodara, Project Sites India - Global