Commissioning Engineer - Control System
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:10:50 PM
- Job Function: Project Management
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy Hydro
Location(s): India; Vadodara, Project Sites India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Attaining complete knowledge Control system Commissioning and completion of commissioning, status of documentation. Commissioning protocols. EHS plan, site commissioning package wise plan, applicable standards, restrictions etc.
• Independently capable of performing Commissioning.
• Plan and set up Commissioning tools etc. and ensure safety of commissioning tools..
• Establish site commissioning planning for the designated package and pull the fronts from erection team on time.
• Prepare erection handing over documents such as EES. Etc. along with erection Supervisors
• Execute daily (if required), weekly and monthly comprehensive commissioning reports to Commissioning manager.
• Set up the site filing and document control system for commissioning protocols for designated package and systems
• Strategically execute the site commissioning for designated package .
• Strategically execute the EHS Policy and the site EHS plan
• Strategically manage the site schedule, progress of works for designated package
• Set up and strategically all the contractual site tests for concern package or system
• Manage subcontracts / subcontractor staff.
• Coordinate with the erection team and support the erection team as when required
• Coordinate with engineering team at HO.
• Internal as well as external punch point clearance.
• Handing over the power plant equipment to client for his scope of work through CM
• Closing the site with minimum punch point.
• Possess sound knowledge of concern system commissioning of the plant.
• Handing over all the protocols and final settings to HO ( Commissioning head)
• Conduct Risk assessment for every activity and toolbox talks.
• Achieving all Commissioning milestones within the site schedule for his systems.
• Maintaining customer relationship and a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Representation of GE Hydro to the customer Engineers.
• Maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of GE Hydro at all times.
• Authorised to take urgent or emergency action to remedy sudden problems or discrepancies.
• University degree (comparable with bachelor / master) or equivalent experience.
• 3-8 years experience in power plant Commissioning and engineering.
• knowledge of commissioning at least in one package and over all knowledge of other packages
• Trained in Commissioning of Control system and hands on experience of commissioning.
• Language: Excellent verbal and written English language skills for international communication.
• Extensive knowledge of power plant systems
• Quick and thorough decision making
• Motivating and well-aimed promotion of ideas and concepts
• Delegating, setting priorities and acting directly towards the target, avoid “micro-management”
• Self-motivated and achiever
• Open-minded / flexible for changes and new ideas
• Knowledge of other languages preferable however not mandatory
Locations: India; Vadodara, Project Sites India