GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Embedded Software Engineer will develop, introduce, and maintain new products in the Cell Therapy field. This role requires a versatile, driven software engineer who enjoys applying their problem-solving prowess to tackle challenges encountered when delivering new classes of products to an exciting area. You will be working within a tightknit multidisciplinary team, encompassing Physicists, Mechanical and Electronic Engineers and Industrial Designers.
The successful candidate will:
• Bring together development kits and peripherals to develop prototype products.
• Help design and implement new products, liaising with our electronics engineers to create final designs.
• Aid discussions with product managers to fully understand and specify different product requirements.
• Degree in Computer Science or similar numerate degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Understanding of C, C++ or similar
• Proven problem solving ability
• Experience of bringing up new hardware
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Thorough understanding of the use in C and C++ in an embedded, real-time, resource constrained device
• Some years’ experience writing software for embedded systems
• Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally medical devices
• Knowledge of Unix-based operating systems and the GCC toolchain Locations:
United Kingdom; Cambridge