GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
We are looking for an experienced software Engineer to help us develop, deliver and maintain software used in Asymptote’s range of Cryochain equipment, ranging from software running on embedded Linux through to a bare metal Cortex M4 platform. This role requires a versatile, driven and quality-focussed software engineer ready to take on sections of the software from the outset.
The successful candidate will: Qualifications/Requirements:
• Create and maintain software components as well as generating documentation on their use.
• Write quality software, following best-practice as well as internal guidance.
• Work closely with the manufacturing team to streamline manufacturing steps involving software.
• Manage bug reports, proposing and implementing software fixes for them as well as communicating the status back to affected customers.
• Aid discussions with product managers to fully understand and specify different product requirements prior to their implementation.
• Degree in Computer Science or similar or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Understanding of C, C++ or similar.
• Proven problem solving ability.
• Commitment to quality and ensuring that quality guidelines have been adhered to.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Thorough understanding of the use in C and C++ in an embedded, real-time, resource constrained device.
• Some years’ experience writing software for embedded systems.
• Experience of working in a regulated environment, ideally medical devices.
• Knowledge of Linux based operating systems. Locations:
United Kingdom; Cambridge