About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
The Sales Manager demonstrates accountability for business, functional, and broad company objectives. In this role, he/she will develop and integrate processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall execution of the Flow & Process Technologies (F&PT) business strategy and growth programs in Brazil. Essential Responsibilities:
- • The sales manager will be responsible for leading the entire sales cycle from identifying customer's business problems, qualifying and closing opportunities and ensuring long-term relationships with End Customers. In this role, the sales manager will interact with channel partners (sales + services) whose primary role is to support GE’s installed base and will lead interactions with end users and EPC/OEMs to sell new projects (CAPEX).
- • The preferred technical background is in control valves, safety valves and related instrumentation.
- • Drive strict compliance of all GE policies and internal procedures with all business stakeholders.
- • Responsible for sales and technical enablement of new channel partners as well as focus on maintaining existing ones.
- • Develop strong channel partner operating plans including strategic alignment with product specialists and global channel strategies.
- • Maintain a strong operating rhythm with channel partners (sales + service) to build a solid and reliable opportunity pipeline and orders estimate (by quarter and for total year).
- • Focus on convertibility of orders into revenue (quarter on quarter and total year).
- • Build long-term relationships with Channel Partners and End Customers by providing support, information, and access to the extended GE organization.
- • Maintain close End Customer proximity while working through Channel Partners
- • Qualify opportunities by identifying customer's business problems and evaluating potential solutions within the GE Oil & Gas offering. Sells business outcomes by developing strong relationships with prospects.
- • Close communication and cooperation with Key Account Executive assigned to National Oil Companies in country
- • Drive synergies with other TMS + DTS product lines and GE business units to generate business opportunities for F&PT (GE2GE, GESTORE).
• Identify new industry segments to penetrate and grow.
- • Lead introduction of new products to the local market. Identify and report product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitor activities in country.
- • Communicate and interact with F&PT project factories and aftermarket centers to improve service levels in all aspects of the business and deliver on our promises.
- • Actively interact with other functions in the GE extended organization in support of the F&PT business strategy and growth programs
- • Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks and best industry practices.
- • Get familiarized with, understand and drive the F&PT digital story.
- • Drive with sense of urgency the execution of the F&PT business strategy in Brazil.
- • Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited university with at least 5 additional years of experience in sales/service positions.
- • Proven experience in managing channel partners/certified service providers.
- • Results Oriented and ability to operate independently and with little supervision.
- • Organized individual with well-structured thought process. Ability to structure, price, negotiate and close deals within specific timelines to comply with operating plans and estimates.
- • Experience working in a matrix company environment including product line, sales and commercial leaders.
- • Success at meeting or exceeding objectives
- • Excellent level of time management and prioritizing responsibilities
• Feels comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and constant changes in the organization.
- • Ability to structure, price, negotiate and close deals within specific timelines to comply with operating plans and estimates.
- • High energy level and motivation to succeed in a difficult business environment.