Senior Design Engineering-Controls Engineering
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:11:21 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Life Sciences
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Technologies at GE Healthcare Life Sciences are cutting edge and the Development Engineer for Automation electrical design plays a key role in the success of the business. This position is responsible for electrical design of various systems. In addition, the position encompasses high-level concept design, translation of customer requirements to design inputs, development and test, manufacturability and serviceability.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Developing innovative designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, serviceability, cost and manufacturability pertaining to LS Bioprocess Automation S/W development.
•Working with cross-functional teams to complete subsystem and system verification and validation
• Analyzing and validating Automation S/W components selection, performance, cost, implementation
• Evaluating and prioritizing pertinent business tasks with limited information
• Participate on small to medium sized teams to develop custom equipment solutions
Must need Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related technological field
• 4-6 years relevant work experience or more in Automation Electrical Design
• Proven experience with automation systems
• Preferable experience with Wonderware, ArchestrA
• Experience in programming & troubleshooting of programmable logic controller programs and software
• Effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Exposure to government regulated industries (GMP, GAMP).
• Experience with one of the following platforms: DeltaV, Allen Bradley PLC, Wonderware ArchestrA or equivalent
• Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents
• Experience in managing small to medium-sized projects and outside vendors.
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
• Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program Deliverable.
• 5 years relevant work experience or more
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to visualize and communicate conceptual models
• Excellent problem-solving abilities using analytical and logical thinking skills
• Experience in gathering and defining customer requirements
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently toward timely completion of a desired goal
Locations: India; Bangalore