Location(s): United States; California; Menlo Park
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The NBC FinOps Intern will provide value-add finance and operational support to NBC and Licensing by facilitating business design, formation, and acceleration. Through close working relationships with NewCos / Licensing arrangements, deliver methodology for valuation of new company ideas throughout the newco creation process.
Intern, NBC FinOps Associate will be to operationalize financial modeling and manage overall NBC portfolio model. This will help to pave the path for quick and swift scaling of our new business creation and licensing initiatives, which span across industries and geographies.
• Partner closely with New Business Creations and Licensing leadership team to understand pipeline of activities and stage gates for financial modeling needs
• Set up processes and rhythm to assess NewCo and Licensing requirements to identify Total Addressable Market, revenue forecasts and costs projections for all stages of deal and incubation lifecycle, create action plan for delivery of needs at each stage gate
• Design optimal approach to achieve a financial opinion on the value of potential Newco’s
• Gatekeeper to finance model; partner with team members to update throughout diligence process
• Provide post-funding services including but not limited to cash flow modeling, 1-3-5 year P&L forecasts and pricing strategies
• Build strong working relationships with NewCo / Licensing stakeholders; make periodic / sporadic site visits as needed
• On an ongoing basis, update NBC portfolio model and provide forward looking forecasts to determine impact of future investments and funding opportunities
• Work closely with the Ops Manager and with fellow associates to drive value for NewCos and Licensing arrangements
• Be responsible for GEV brand and reputation management throughout all interactions
• Partner with GE Corporate sourcing to simplify GEV procurement process and implement for all GEV
• Driving a high performance culture by fostering innovation, customer focus, personal accountability, commitment for results.
• Bachelors’ degree; >3 years working experience in investment banking, M&A, private equity
• Demonstrated financial modeling expertise
• Demonstrated operational expertise and strong business acumen
• Demonstrated experience working in a matrix environment, having partnered across functions
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.