- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:12:46 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Regions
Location(s): Japan; Chuo-ku
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
1. To lead Senior & Commercial Application Engineers, ITO & Pricing proposal team.
2. Reporting to Asia CommOps Leader, to regularly communicate update summarizing the team status, and to work with leader on challenges faced and team direction to achieve business goals
3. To work with various functions (ie sales, channels, engineering, sourcing & manufacturing) to develop winning bid strategies, to convert inquiries into winning bids.
4. Working with local functional leaders, to rally discussions with, and gather inputs from, various functions during bid development with the team.
5. To provide guidance to the team in resolving technical and commercial issues during bidding & negotiation with customers.
6. To investigate and understand customer’s real “needs” vs customer’s “wants”. To manage customer according in various stages, and travel to meet customer whenever necessary.
7. To implement processes / procedures to enable the team to ensure
a. Adoption of list price model and global engineering sizing selection to align Japan CommOps with global factories and functional initiatives
b. Development of market competitive “best fit” solution (technical & commercial) through sales intelligence inputs
c. PO’s received to be aligned with proposal & mutual agreed conditions between customers & GE, and develop rectification plan to follow up if otherwise
d. Effective communicated hand over, and clarified responsibilities & action plans during R3,
e. Discipline of maintaining accurate CommOps data entry, and DOA procedures in Deal Machine
8. To implement strategies to address existing shortcoming, and develop new processes to adapt & support readiness of SAP implementation.
1. Understand Japanese cultural context with ability to lead & guide team members in remote locations through establishing strong bonding with the team.
2. Understanding of control & safety valves application and business opportunities in various industries. Knowledge in control and safety valves technology and competition landscape is a plus.
3. Clear thinking to value company’s limitations & advantages against customer’s requirements, anticipate risks / challenges, and be ready to develop counter measures to address them.
4. Ability to establish effective communication (verbal & writing) with external customers, regional and global team in English is necessary.
Locations: Japan; Chuo-ku