GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power’s Water & Process Technologies is a global business that focuses on the world’s most complex water related challenges in more than 100 countries. Employing approximately 8,000 people, Water & Process Technologies provides innovative solutions that address the growing demand for increased water availability and quality, while improving customers’ productivity and meeting more stringent environmental regulations.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
GE Analytical Instruments, a division of GE Water & Process Technologies, is a leading global manufacturer of Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzers. Our state-of-the-art water quality measurement instruments are designed and manufactured for simpler, faster, and more accurate analytical measurement and control. Essential Responsibilities:
Continuation of Role Summary/Purpose:
This position is based in and around London Area where the GE-Analytical Instruments is closely linked to markets such as Pharmaceutical (80%), Power, Chemical, and others including Engineering contactors, drinking water. You will be home based, travelling 70% of time for customer visits.
Based in and around London, the Sales Representative will be selling UPW products and TOC Analysers to Pharmaceutical Laboratories – QC & Microbiological and On line applications.
You will also spend some time selling to other industries - Cosmetic, Medical device, Beverage Drinking Water market to control & monitor the water quality.
The Total Organic Carbon instruments are used mainly for compliance, cleaning validation and real time release, and on-line compliance testing of Water loops (Water for Injection WFI & Purified Water PW). The Online sales will be via facilities engineers or plant managers on the plant or via engineering contractors or water system providers. In fact, any production or treatment process that utilizes water can be a potential customer.
• Direct selling of UPW Sievers instruments Qualifications/Requirements:
• Meet or exceed revenue targets in the assigned territories with the goal of growing the business year to year
• Attend & Organize exhibitions/in house seminars/workshops/Pharma & Biotech Organizations
• Ability to demonstrate and present all Analytical Instrument Group products.
• Organize sales appointments using the existing database or cold calling and prospecting
• Keep customer database up to date
• Understand and manage the sales funnel to meet short- and long-term sales objectives, including preparation of quotations and proposals.
• Provide company with accurate and timely forecasts and metrics for the appropriate territories and product lines utilizing Pivotal
• Built relationships with Engineering companies
• Degree in Chemistry /Chemical Engineering / Biotechnology or equivalent knowledge and experience
• A successful track record selling analytical instrumentation products, ideally into Pharmaceutical Industry
• Possession of driving license
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Working experience or knowledge of Instrument validation and cleaning validation
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize and work within stringent deadlines
• Ability to effectively support multiple managers and teams
• Construction experience
• Strong focus on Quality and documentation management
• Experience in sites and commissioning activities
• Goal oriented self-starter
• Development skills with high integrity
• Competency in a European language Locations:
United Kingdom; London