GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business. Follow GE Power & Water on Twitter @GE_PowerWater.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Working with one or more Account Managers, the Field Service Chemist will be responsible for achieving defined goals & objectives as well as working safely, compliantly and efficiently within a defined group of customer accounts. They will take guidance from Account Managers and will service, recommend changes, report and communicate treatment performance with customer representatives in accordance with the commercial agreement. The Field Service Chemist role comes with a company car.
EHS & Compliance
• Deliver all aspects of the agreed contract including sampling, testing, reporting and consulting directly with the customer.
• Ensure they work in a safe manner at all times when delivering company objectives and comply with internal, legislative and customer EHS requirements and policies.
• Apply the company Legionella policy for customers who have qualifying water systems.
• To act at all times in compliance with the GE Spirit and Letter policies when maintaining and developing relationships with customers.
• Understand the commercial agreement at each assigned customer site and ensure the Account Manager is made aware of any customer requested scope change or over consumption to maintain profitability.
• Work with the Account Managers to ensure that the profitability and productivity plans as defined by the Sales Director are met.
• Ensure the Account Manager is made aware of any Customer Contact changes.
• Identify opportunities for upgrades to the Account Manager, whether chemfeed equipment, training, analytical services or increased scope of supply.
• Ensure a service plan is defined by the Account manager and then optimize the service activities at the assigned customers, to maximize productivity & profitability as well working with the Account Manager to provide adequate cover for Holidays. The service plan should contain but not be limited to scope of supply of services, time & products as well as treatment limits, performance expectations & KPI's.
• Ensure execution of customer service plans.
• Communicate with the defined customer contact or deputy during each service visit. Ensure customer records are maintained at all times especially any Legionella related records.
• Preferred chemistry degree or equivalent scientific qualification or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Full UK Driving License required.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Ability to effectively support multiple managers and teams. Locations:
• Good organizational, communication & interpersonal skills.
• Goal oriented self-starter.
• Tools Proficiency with PC skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
United Kingdom; Burton, Birmingham