GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Mechanical Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Groby manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, support New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and Capability Development (NPIs, CPO’s & CD) and contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity.
• Own the manufacturing engineering activities for the pillar NPI and CPO projects including: Qualifications/Requirements:
• Influence design to ensure new designs are optimized for manufacture, performance, yield and cost
• Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimize build/test processes
• Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
• Development of assembly processes and procedures
• Preparation and release of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
• Creation of product routings within ERP system
• Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
• HNC/HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline.
• Understanding of Light Electromechanical Assembly.
• Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and SPC tools.
• Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration processes.
• Provide electro-mechanical support to production floor
• Ability to use CAD (AutoCAD or Pro/Engineer) to design fixtures and analyze product designs.
• Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams
• Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
• Strong Analytical & problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development.
• Manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery and budget.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
• Experience of using SAP ERP Locations:
• Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• Experience with pressure measurement technologies
• Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems
• Experience with setting up and maintaining welding processes
United Kingdom; Leicester