GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
As Site Controller, you will be responsible for controlling all Essential Responsibilities:
aspects of the site balance sheet, across 3 legal entities. You will also drive process improvements across a wide variety of shared services centre teams,
creating metrics to hold them accountable and ensure complete accuracy and
integrity of financial reporting.
Balance Sheet / Controllership
- Manage relationship with GOF team. Establish metrics dashboard, monitor & direct/address areas of poor performance / concern around key areas of the balance sheet e.g. B2P, R2R, Tax, Account rec completion, etc. Be site point of contact for all GOF/COE related queries … troubleshoot potential issues
- Review/Own balance sheet. Track balance performance and be able to explain movements. Investigate areas of concern, leveraging domain experts where necessary to ensure control of balances
- Complete BSAT file per HQ timeframes, and lead reviews with controllership teams once a Qtr on balance composition / movements
- Support strategic conversations around transfer of work activity, ensuring the site remains compliant to tax implications and protects all IP interests
- Drive internal / external audits with the STAT COE team to ensure completeness/accuracy of submissions
- Complete impairment testing on assets once a Qtr
- Drive closure of open account rec items with relevant teams
- Support Closing activity, ensuring financial submissions are accurate
- Support PI activity working with cost accountant on planning and execution
- Support Fixed asset PI every 5 years or as required
- Support P&L activity as it relates to the balance sheet, ensuring any adjustments are forecasted / planned … minimising surprises
- All Other Ad Hoc activity as it relates to the balance sheet
- Proven years of finance, accounting, or audit experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance related from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Professional qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) preferred
- Knowledge of finance: STAT and TAX, US GAAP preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate commitment to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in cross functional environment and matrix organization
- Ability to challenge status quo and influence cross-functional and global counterparts
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working. Desired Characteristics:
- Process improvement & change mindset
- Execution focused - analyze and resolve problems to meet business objectives and commitments
- Good communicator… concise & clear communication in individual and larger settings
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills… ability to influence different stakeholders
- Demonstrates GE Beliefs and growth traits
- Understanding of financial compliance (e.g. SOX, US GAAP, STAT)
United Kingdom; Leicester