About Us: GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017. GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
The Bid Manager Leader is focused on delivering coaching, leadership and guidance to their team. They will be accountable for the orders committed for the ITS (Integrated Solutions Team) portfolio in the region.
- The Bid Manager Leader will ensure that the bid management team
- Cover end-to-end services including strategy, expertise, partnering, and execution on customer bid pursuits
- Lead to deliver project governance and support for RFx documents
- Has superior writing and editing abilities that result in the design and creation of proposal content
- Leverage existing resources and tools to execute with speed
- Follow processes and executes enablement to optimize sales productivity and deliver winning multi-million dollar solution or complex services opportunities and provides valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, and business discussions
- The Bid manager leader will play a double role of player/manager ensuring that they and their team fulfill the next requirements
- Working under the direction of the CF&E ITS leader, the bid manager leads all day-to-day aspects of an individual bid response including submission
- The bid manager will work closely with Sales, Process Engineering and Technical Bid Managers teams while bringing in the functional, HHRR, finance, legal, and solution subject matter experts when required
- The bid manager should exhibit leadership skills necessary to manage the entire proposal effort, including the development of win themes and high-quality work products needed which meet imposed deadlines
- The bid manager primarily writes, edits, and researches industry specific, non-technical content of proposals and sales, focusing on the production of high-quality, industry leading proposals and presentations
- The bid manager is a multi-faceted individual who plays multiple roles in a bid pursuit
- The bid manager will assemble a bid team with the relevant service, product, and business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, while taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process
Responsibilities include introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure, meet challenging deadlines, and assume multiple roles:
- Trusted Advisor Role
- Project Manager Role
- Writer, Editor, Content Contributor Role
- Quality Executor Role
- Master of Science degree in Industrial engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Fundamentals of International Contracts reading and understanding
- Availability to travel on Business at least 30% of the working time
- English language fluency (oral and written)
- A third Language skill required
- Open mind and used to work in a Global Team, working with colleagues based in any other location around the world
- Strong experience in sales and commercial activities in the water industry
- Demonstrated sales/people skills and/or aptitude with proven sales record
- Successful track record penetrating new accounts and markets
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing sales campaigns
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- EU Work Permit
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
- Process Design Experience
- Previous experience in Multinationals
- Experience in project management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Multiple industry experience
- In-depth Water and Process industry knowledge in Filtration, Separation and RO Equipment Products
Locations: Belgium, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom; Flexible