Lead Sourcing Specialist- Tender and Project Sourcing
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:13:28 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): India; Noida, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Manage the tender sourcing & project procurement for BOP & commodities for large power plant EPC projects , while implementing the SPS Project Power Purchasing blue rules. Implement the strategies of the Commodities leaders in thermal EPC projects. In addition , the role also expects to do cost estimation to deliver the results in line with the commitment to the business.
o Bears commercial responsibility for the tender sourcing & execution purchase activities
o Collects information from Tender Manager/PPLM / Project Manager regarding project-related, commercial and legal specifications in the RFQ and Purchase Orders to Suppliers,
o Leads for cost reduction, lead-time and quality improvement initiatives
o Supports Tendering/Engineering/Project Magmnt. for organizing deliverable from Suppliers
o Support the Projects / Product Lines for critical operational issues (e.g. claims, delays, key negotiations) with the regional suppliers, issues claim notifications and manages recoveries,
o Manages the invoice release,
o Ensures on time delivery of RFQ’s to Suppliers identified in Engineering Procurement Plan, performs Total cost analysis of the offers received and organizes / participates in technical – commercial discussions with the Suppliers
Conducts negotiations, involving Engineering Representative, Supplier Quality /Order Fulfillment and PPLM / Project Manager. Responsible to apply Procurement
Ensures compliance of Business Award with validated regional Supplier Panel, Initiates the POR.
o Supports the definition of the Commodity Strategy, Target Panel and Action Plan,
o Leads commercial qualification of all suppliers of the Regional Target Panel to ensure they are qualified at all time,
o Defines contractual plan (e.g. General Terms & Conditions, Price Lists) and ensure implementation for Regional Target Suppliers,
o Defines inputs for tendering purposes (e.g. costing, solidity, firming, and regional target panel),
o Supports to deliver against tender price with the regional suppliers.
• Commercial & Technical basic education
Desirable (NICE TO HAVE)
• Education in Purchasing & Supply Management.
• Engineering degree/diploma
2.2 Professional Experience
Experience gained on the job during professional life
• Experience in Procurement for 8-12 years for all types of BOP (Boiler,Thermal & TG)
• Usage of SAP / Excel / e-Purchasing & Procurement systems
Desirable (NICE TO HAVE)
• Exposure to Strategic Sourcing and/or Financial topics.
• Product knowledge
• Supplier market knowledge
2.3 Behavioural and/or Technical Know-how
• General knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures, and Sourcing management principles.
• Good writing and communication skills, transparency, team spirit.
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
• Accountability, resilience, autonomy, and leadership.
• Decision making, problem solving, ability to independently resolve issues with difficult suppliers.
• Quality mind set.
• Proactive in continuously seeking for the most competitive and reliable offer.
• Technical knowledge of products purchased.
2.4 Language Skills
• Good in English, written and spoken.
Desirable (NICE TO HAVE)
• Local Business language prevailing in the country / region
Good oral and written communication skills. Good interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• On-Time RFQ & PO Placement
• Savings against Budget
• On-Time Delivery
• Claim Management & Settlement
• Compliance to Target Supplier Panel/Target Panel updated and fully documented in the systems
• Has the leading role in sending RFQs and suggesting the awarded supplier (in line with the defined Target panel
• Has the leading role in triggering Supplier qualification (in the Target Panel ),
• Has the leading role in negotiation with regional suppliers, defining and implementing the appropriate contractual plan,
• Escalate appropriately deviation from Target panel.
1.3 Job Specifics
Exceptional characteristics related to the job.
• Promote the interests and image of the Sourcing Department at all time.
• Occasional travels can be foreseen punctually.
•Behave according to Spirit & Letter & GE Beliefs.
Qualifications (technical & economic), competencies & knowledge needed to fulfil the position
Locations: India; Noida, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bangalore