Staff Application Operations Engineer
- GE Digital
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:40:37 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): Japan; Minato
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role is responsible for the escalation of technical outages and to liaise between the technical teams and the client through to resolution of those incidents.
You need to understand the technical aspects of the Predix cloud architecture and applications well enough to lead outage and escalation update calls with internal stakeholders and the customer. You will also need to recap highly technical content from engineers into a high level summary for the customer and internal teams.
We are looking for a blend of skills, pulling from both technical and program management background. Overall, the theme is a very technical person, who works well with others, and can help coordinate with the various teams involved to achieve high levels of success in meeting customer expectations.
In this role, you will:
• Serve as internal and external point on critical incidents and ensure customer impacted issues are resolved as expediently as possible
• Lead conference calls for outages and critical events
• Responsible for prioritizing support cases from customers and providing technical guidance
• Communicate notifications for critical incidents and events to internal and external audience
• Co-ordination with various teams like Technical Operations, Infrastructure Support, Engineering, Product Management and external vendors to assure timely and within SLA incident resolution
• Keep track of multiple issues and details in near real-time, tracking action items from meetings and follow-ups with various parties
• Manage trend analysis of problems and RCAs for feedback into the product teams
• Drive support and development resources to quickly and efficiently resolve technical issues
• Generate monthly & quarterly metrics & dashboards for customers and other internal stakeholders and lead operations review
• Periodically audit all customer reported incident submissions to ensure our support is effective and high quality
• Collaborate and build Support Team infrastructure tools, reports and processes to ensure a high touch client experience
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and work with global teams
• B.S or M.S in a technical field, such as Computer Science or Information Systems
• 7-10 years of experience in the technology space with 5+ years of experience as a technical manager with teams of 5 or more in a cloud or hosted software company
• Strong experience in a global customer support organization, working with multiple time zones, with a widely distributed support team
• Strong oral and written communication. Experience in writing technical documentation a plus
• Strong presentation skills and hands-on knowledge in working with PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau to develop reports and dashboards
• Background and experience in emerging technologies in cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
• Legal authorization to work in Japan
• Must be willing to travel 50%
• Effective written and spoken communication skills in Japanese and English.
• A technical engineer, with extensive experience in solving challenging issues in high pressure environment
• Interested in learning new skills and “push the envelope” with our products
• Experienced with agile/iterative project methodology such as Scrum, preferably with experience using agile project management tools such as JIRA or Rally
• Excellent communicator, works well in a team environment, and welcomes challenges
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to mange multiple work streams effectively and provide timely updates
• Comfortable working with Java applications, networking concepts, virtualized environments, continuous integration, deployment and monitoring tools
Locations: Japan; Minato