About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The Field Technician provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction
· Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of assigned programs and ground support equipment, including the use and proper interpretation of data and technical instructions
· Provide communication to Product Support and Field Service regarding all program activities and problems through regular, timely reports
· Reporting includes obtaining, interpreting, and communicating significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and support
· Review reported malfunctions and identify / analyze any undesirable trends
· Make recommendations on findings · Review effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify training needs
· Anticipate requirements beyond those that immediately affect the program and assist in implementing actions to satisfy those requirements
Technical diploma with experience in a field service, wind field or maintenance position
Specialized in control systems technology: GE Pitch, Converter, ESS.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
Able to interface at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.