About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The Employee HR Specialist is the first point of contact for managers and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. This role is critical in executing our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This role be directly aligned to a defined employee population.
• Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
• Provide employees with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Shared Services when it is the more appropriate resource
• Partner with Employee HR Management team and O&TD professionals to execute business specific HR strategies.
• Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, and resolved
• Provide advice and counsel to employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
• Manage or assist in key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
• Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation
• Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed • Maintain and protect confidential data with scrutiny, judgment, and care Optional verbiage:
• Assist with conducting investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence
• Provide coaching and mentorship to HR Shared Services specialists • Lead other site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 2 years prior professional work experience (can include internships) in the HR function with responsibilities such as recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, employee development or performance management
• Advanced English
• Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
• Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
• Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
• Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
• Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.