GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working Capital Solutions (WCS) leverages the financial solutions and industry expertise of GE Capital to offer Accounts Receivable management on a global basis to GE and its affiliates. We offer a full range of Accounts Receivable management capabilities, including financing and servicing solutions through our world class people, processes and technologies With over $55B receivables purchased annually and $10B of serviced assets at year end 2012, WCS provides credit and collections services through five Centers of Excellence and over 12 locations globally. WCS is part of GE Capital EMEA - one of Europe’s largest commercial and consumer lenders with more than five million customers and operations in 19 countries.
WCS is committed to global diversity by employing the brightest minds in the world to help us create limitless ideas and solve tough challenges. We provide employees with opportunities to reach their growth potential and contribute to the progress of the communities we serve. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth.
Our achievements reflect a culture of meritocracy where every employee can be a leader. We believe that when one person grows and improves, we can all grow and improve - and together, we all rise.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Be part of a small, dedicated team managing the global portfolio of late stage amicable collections and legal actions for serviced programs. This includes daily contact with external debt collection service providers, GE Industrial businesses and internal Collection teams.
Take necessary actions to maximize recovery and drive down the average lifetime of legal cases. Manage vendor performance through legal case follow up.
Continuation of Role Summary / Purpose:
Please be advised the role will be hired as an 8 month Fixed Term Contract. The role is open to internal candidates on a Bubble Assignment basis.
• Manage late stage debt collections administration for all GE industrial businesses globally through external collection agencies and attorneys
• Request and verify case documentation
• Timely communication of developments to Clients
• Perform reconciliations between internal and external systems data
• Review and obtain approval for legal costs
• Review and obtain approval for Payment Plans / settlements
• Advise/decide on closure or further Legal Action
• Follow up on recovery in case of insolvency in a Legal Collection case
• Manage administration for all the above and maintain legal action database
• Prepare monthly and ad hoc reporting on case status and aggregated metrics
• Report bugs and test enhancements in Legal Collection Application in WCS online Tool
Please note the contract is fixed term, covers maternity leave. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and/or some years of related experience.
• Strong Excel skills essential, and overall strong aptitude in systems
• Proven analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and in team.
• Strong verbal and written communication style.
• Ability to work in intense, highly time critical environment.
• Fluency in English, additional languages an asset
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
United Kingdom; Sale