GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world
GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital Leadership:
GE - APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE - Digital:
GE is an equal Role Summary:
opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
As the Staff Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for improving performance on the latest IIA cloud enabled products and participate actively in the definition & evolution of standard practices & procedures. You will also help determine appropriate benchmarks for performance and be responsible for analysis & tracking against these benchmarks on an ongoing basis. Help dive into the code to find and resolve bottlenecks, architectural problems and performance issues. Essential Responsibilities:
- Design and implement performance, scalability, stability, and stress tests using industry standard tools, and custom solutions.
- Assist in driving the performance, scalability, and capacity testing strategy.
- Gather performance test requirements and create performance qualification plans.
- Collaborate with development teams on identification of bottlenecks and performance tuning.
- Develop tools to simulate and monitor key performance metrics as needed.
- Understanding of impact of application design on performance.
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams to achieve results.
- Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
- Work in a fast paced Agile environment and measure and report performance numbers every sprint.
- A minimum of 9 years of Software Testing or development experience with Web, SaaS and Mobile Platform based products, Oracle/SQL Server databases with a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Excellent knowledge of load testing tools (loadrunner, jmeter, or equivalent), profiling tools.
- Solid understanding of issues of scale and performance in large-scale cloud environments and ability to identify, debug and propose viable solutions.
- Experience with Java SE/EE, Web Technologies, Web Services/XML/Micro services, Profiling tools, Linux/Solaris OS experience.
- Solid understanding of how the JVM manages resources: locks, threads, I/O, memory, etc.
- Knowledgeable about useful metrics, and how to work with them to track against goals/KPIs.
- Real-time monitoring with New Relic or the like. Expertise with NoSQL database technologies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exposure to cloud foundry environment.
- Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
- Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
- Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
- Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.