Lead Sales Specialist
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:14:27 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Regions
Location(s): Kenya; Nairobi
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The candidate will be responsible for leading & strategically growing our full scope of Downstream Technology Salutation Flow & Process Technology products & Services in Sub Sahara Region excl Nigeria & South Africa. The Sales Manager is responsible for the effective and profitable management of assigned customer accounts. In this role he/she will be primarily focused on growing & maintaining existing accounts. He/she will also work with current customers to provide value & meet service needs.
• Primarily responsible for selling products, services, parts, solutions and projects to customers within the region.
• Develop sales plan for specific region
• Cooperate with technical sales support to realize sales
• Point of contact for customers within region
• Weekly reporting to management of sales targets
• Promote the business value proposition of GE technology
• Increase market penetration of GE products
• Work with ITO team on tracking proposals through preparation, submission, tracking and closing quotations and proposals
• Make sales presentations to senior level customers & internal GE management
• Actively engage in New Product discussions and offerings
• Develop, maintain and nurture relationships with customers
• Effectively coordinate relationships and interfaces with Commercial Operations, Technical Marketing, Product management and other functions
• Accurately analyze and provide feedback of market dynamics within region.
• A proven background in the oil & gas industry of 10 years, 5 years of which within a sales role in Flow & Process Products
• Proven sales record or show that he/she has the aptitude to succeed in a technical and relationship driven business
• Bachelor degree from an accredited university or college
• Excellent written and oral skills and confidence with client presentations
• Effective team contributor and member
• Ability and willingness to travel within territory
• Fluent in English
• Strong work ethics
• Self starter and initiator
• Manage working time according to business needs and customer requirements
• Must have valid work Authorization to work in Roles location.
• Ability to communicate at all levels within customer organizations as well as GE
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• International Experience
• Strong influencing skills
• Fluent in French
Locations: Kenya; Nairobi