Quality Assurance Engineering Specialist
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:14:34 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
Location(s): India; Mumbai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for testing feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management. This is considered an entry level position which requires large mentoring from manager and senior level team members. Writes code using programming as well as scripting languages required to automate testing.
• Demonstrates awareness of the various testing types and methodologies.
• Understands that testing is part of development.
• Uses test driven development practices wherever possible.
• Uses code coverage tools to identify areas of code that are not tested.
• Learns new testing techniques and designs test cases to improve quality. Demonstrates awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Understands performance parameters and can assess application performance.
• Demonstrates the ability to learn fast and understand new technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Typically 0-4 years of experience in the industry
Locations: India; Mumbai