Vibration Test Engineer
- GE Aviation
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:14:37 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This position will perform routine skilled and technical support work related to the inspection, repair and maintenance business general aviation and integrated systems equipment. The Test Engineer conducts, tests and completes data collection activities of aerospace and industrial equipment / components.
• Hands-on testing and evaluation of various mechanical components for aerospace / industrial components.
• Must follow procedures in processing tests at various stages to determine if the tests being performed meet required specifications
• Perform test set up, operate and adjust test equipment
• Gather and record test data
• Manage Test Schedule
• Ensure environmental, health & safety rules are follow in the test laboratory
• Perform risk assessment
• Estimating test projects
• Prepare and maintain reports detailing all tests, repairs, and maintenance performed
• Proven experience in vibration testing
• Ability to consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams and engineering personnel to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems
• Basic knowledge of computers (MS Office, basic operation, folder creation, email, etc).
• 3+ years of hands on experience in vibration / thermal testing
• Proficiency in MS Office & MS Project
• Proven thermal testing expirience
• Knowledge of the following equipment: T2000 Shaker Table / Enviorotrincs Thermal chamber
• Knowledge of ISO 17.025 & AS9100
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro