GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world
GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital Leadership:
GE - APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE - Digital:
GE is an equal opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM Role Summary:
What product line you’ll be leading?
As the Senior Staff Software Architect You will be responsible to lead the technical design, development and enforce coding standards towards high performing, scalable SaaS based product development for a feature set for Digital Industrial Platform (Predix – Industrial IOT Platform). Essential Responsibilities:
- Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
- Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level.
- Participate in the EA (Enterprise Architecture) governance model.
- Support the development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- A minimum of 10 years of Architecture or Software Development experience with Web, SaaS and Mobile Platform based products with a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Significant hands on experience designing and developing using the technology stack on .Net Framework or Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, JPA etc.
- Strong experience in EAI (Enterprise Application Integration) technologies, like SAP integration, SOAP/REST based systems integrations, File based integration etc.
- Significant hands on experience on data integration tools, ETL tools like Talend.
- Strong experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc. Experience in PaaS and SaaS development.
- Experience with Microservices, Cloud foundry, Pivotal etc.
- Background knowledge and experience with infrastructure and application delivery, including cloud computing, databases like Postgres, web and application servers, and the tools used to manage these environments;
- Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
- Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
- Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
- Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
- Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
- Coaches and mentors team members.
- Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
- Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
- Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
- Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
- Reacts open-mindedly to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
- Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Escalates issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.