About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Essential Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible to perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation. Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment. Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites. Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability. Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration. Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization. Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis. Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary. Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites. Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards. Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage. Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages Qualifications/Requirements:
- • Engineering degree or technical degree.
- • Knowledge of GEO&G equipment’s, site operation, commissioning and start-up.
- • Capability in working under pressure, clear thinking, decisiveness. Team player skills.
- • Minimum 5 years with Field Engineer experience with TMS industry within maintenance or installation field activities
- • Ability and willingness to work on Field Services outages 70-80 % of the time. Availability to frequent travel worldwide. Availability to work in on-shore and off-shore sites.
• Knowledge of turbine generators and or compressors equipment. Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (section dwg; construction dwg; P&ID; alignment specification, flushing/blowing procedure; piping specification; wiring diagram, etc…)
- • Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills
- • Must be a leader with excellent listening, project management, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- • Mechanical Field Engineer/Technician with Project Management experience, or a Specialist from one of many fields, who can act as the primary contact and coordinator for GE with Customers during outage and non-outage periods.
- • Ability to effectively work with the Customer at all levels of their organization - from day to day users of GE products and services to the Customer's Executives
- • Ability to provide technical direction of skilled craft labor, track costs, update schedules and communicate effectively at all levels as a site manager
- • Advanced computer skills including ability to work in Microsoft Office Suite environment, ability to learn special GE applications, and ability to utilize (or learn) identified Project Management software applications such as Primavera or Microsoft Project
- • Fluent in written and spoken English
- • Strong oral and written communications skills
- • Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or technical
- • Knowledge of Nuovo Pignone or Thermodyn CECO
- • Knowledge of LM2500 turbines