GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The GE Welland plant, located in Welland Ontario, will be a world-class facility dedicated to designing and manufacturing top-quality reciprocating engines.
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer Role Summary:
GE Business: GE Power
Location: Welland, ON
Duration: 4 - 8 Months
Anticipated Start Date: May 2017
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Facilities Manager
Application Deadline: May 11th, 2017 Essential Responsibilities:
As the Mechanical Engineering Technologist, you will be joining a dynamic environment as part of the Large Team dedicated to the Welland Forefront Project. In this role, you will gain valuable, hands-on work experience through a diverse array of responsibilities that will provide you with wide exposure to the reciprocating engine business and assist the Welland Team as an active participant.
About The Team:
The Automation Team plays a global role in automating the custom engineering design process, targeting high design quality and improvements in design cycle time. The team creates design tools by implementing engineering design calculations into a suite of in-house design programs that interface with commercially available software packages. We are counting on YOU to be an integral part of our Team!
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Develop layouts using AutoCAD;
• Provide support to other team members;
• Develop detailed project plans using Microsoft Project;
• Learn/support the maintenance procurement software Maximo and perform data migration into it from another software;
• Support the development of work flows and process flows.
• Develop Operator Preventative Maintenance Checklists for machines and equipment.
• Provide technical support to other team members as needed. Qualifications/Requirements:
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Able to work effectively in a team environment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Experience with Microsoft software.
• 2nd year or above into a College Technology course in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related discipline.
• This opportunity is intended for current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term. It is not intended for candidates who will have graduated prior to the start of this position.
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process. Desired Characteristics:
• Experience with software packages preferably AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suites
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Asset Management Software
• Central Maintenance Management Software - CMMS
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE. Locations:
Canada; Ontario; Welland