Lead Application Engineer - Boiler & HRSG
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:15:49 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Egypt; Cairo
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Provides technical support and creative solutions to drive sales and business opportunities specifically in the MEA region.
Prepares technical proposals (including research, technical description, performance, emissions and cost definition).Support engineering deliverables and engages in the solution of field issues.Lead projects and initiatives in the field of boiler and mills and is an expert in this field.
· Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles
and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Prepares technical proposals.
• Recommends approach to meet the technical and program requirements.
• Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, scheduling, and contract
Develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems.
• Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments.
• Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks.
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering,
• At least 10 years of experience in boiler and/or HRSG engineering including experience as (field) commissioning engineer.
• Fluent in English. Proficiency in Arabic and/or French will be an advantage.
• Full PC proficiency with relevant office and engineering software including CAD
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Strong background in at least one of the following areas: gas turbines, steam turbines, power plant operation and/or maintenance.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Open personality and team player and able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to travel freely in all Middle East/Africa region countries
Locations: Egypt; Cairo