Location(s): United States, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Netherlands; Texas; Florence, Aberdeen, London, Bristol
About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale,
GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Oil & Gas GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world.
We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help. Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers. In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges. We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas
Role Summary: As a Sr Product Management Manager LNG, you’ll be responsible for creating strong working relationships & influence across executive leadership, product management, engineering and other functional groups to execute the strategy within CoE, across GE businesses, partners & customers. You'll drive short & long term Digital LNG strategy across GE. You'll provide strategic, technical & business guidance focused on our Digital SW value proposition for the LNG market
As the Senior PM, you'll elevate how we engage with internal and external software businesses. You will be accountable for driving successful delivery of products from GE. Software, making recommendations on extending software solutions and representing General. Electric to the outside market, including customers, partners and analysts.
• Bring deep LNG expertise (design, operations, monetization) into the technical and commercial Digital LNG product development roadmap, identifying LNG specific technical and business pain points to be addressed through digital solutions over the plant lifecycle
• Interact with strategic marketing team to identify and quantify opportunities, prioritising product features scalability and value roadmap implementation
• Communicate business objectives and priorities for near-term and long-term to technical execution teams
• Specify the product features and associated functional and non-functional requirements, working closely with software and analytics development teams
• Expedite product roadmap execution
• Provide consultative support to sales, facing the customer when needed
• Provide consultative services to selected customers or partners
• Contribute to the creation of an extended digital culture inside and outside the organisation (participation in training sessions, internal and external events and fairs, marketing activities …)
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in STEM / Engineering (Process / Mechanical or Computer Science)
• Very experience in LNG plant operations
• Demonstrated program management and business planning capabilities over full product lifecycle
Desired Characteristics: Technical Expertise:
• Master’s Degree in Engineering (Process / Mechanical)
• Proven financial understanding • Process instrumentation and control experience
• Strong domain knowledge in LNG market either Technical and Financial across heterogeneous plant and customer size
• Knowledge of the technology and vendor competition landscape for Asset Performance Management solutions
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
• Very strong experience in LNG plant design and operations ideally in leadership roles (including hands-on commissioning and start-up, design work, projects, operational support, training and supervisory responsibilities)
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas; consultative approach
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Proven track record of delivering results and leading teams in dynamic global environment
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Strong communication skills and ability to interface with different levels of the organization with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work and to engage others, also outside his own team.
• Established organizational, planning, and project management abilities
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
Locations: United States, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Netherlands; Texas; Florence, Aberdeen, London, Bristol
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.