Quality Engineer - Aviation
- GE Aviation
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:16:11 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Aviation Supply Chain
Location(s): Singapore; Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Support timely development and introduction of New Product Introduction (NPI) repairs by ensuring engineering accuracy and quality compliance.
· Work with Engineering from NPI initiation to identify and define necessary actions to ensure timely NPI delivery in accordance to regulatory and GE requirements.
· Perform Repair Source Substantiation (RSS) audit, characteristic accountability verification and quality reviews of RSS packages.
· Monitor audit and review results to identify and coordinate continuous improvement plans to improve NPI quality and first time yield.
· Work with Engineering NPI teams to develop systematic procedures to ensure engineering accuracy and consistency.
· Track and monitor post introduction NPIs for quality issues and drive follow up improvements.
· Act as a focal point for all quality matters and clarifications for NPI/RSS.
· Support conduct of shop internal audit plan as necessary.
· Drive and promote Quality culture and participate in EHS and other shop initiatives as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (or equivalent)
· Minimum of 2 years relevant aerospace experience in repair/manufacturing or a quality assurance role
· Knowledge of repair/manufacturing fundamentals
· Holds a recognized Lead Auditor or Internal Auditor certification
· Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma tools and evidence of their application to solve complex problems in a manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of manufacturing special processes (heat treat, welding, shot peening, coating, chemical processes, non-conventional machining)
· Knowledge of RCCA/HF techniques
· Knowledge of general aviation legislation and quality systems (ISO9001/AS9100)
· Good initiative and analytical skills
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Singapore; Singapore