GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business. Follow GE Power & Water on Twitter @GE_PowerWater.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
We are currently searching for a Sales Manager to join our Engineered Systems Sales Department in UK,to assume responsibility for driving Sales in the municipal market with our recently launched and highly innovative ZeeLung technology allowing for Membrane Aerated Biofilm Reactor,a low-energy IFAS system. Reporting to the Regional Sales Leader, the candidate will work in an international & highly stimulating environment,with frequent contact with team members both in the region and overseas. Essential Responsibilities:
• Act as an expert (technical and commercial) in the market for the ZeeLung® technology, while growing the GE brand as a solution provider for the innovative low-energy IFAS system Qualifications/Requirements:
• Develop growth strategies and action plans for the commercialization of the ZeeLung® technology, in line with the company capabilities and expectations;
• Develop opportunities in the UK/Ireland region, by solving critical issues the end-users are facing around wastewater treatment and where the MABR can clearly add value
• Actively educate end-users and consulting companies throughout the Country of the benefits of ZeeLung® and uncover opportunities to grow the pipeline with qualified MABR projects.
• Achieve the given sales target consistently through the year;
• Provide accurate sales forecast as demanded by the Organization;
• Understand customer’s needs, qualify leads, and work closely with the Sales Supporting functions to provide competitive solutions for our customers and drive the sales cycle;
• Support companies’ campaigns and gather market information for the ZeeLung® technology and other companies’ new developments;
• Manage other sales opportunities as a secondary tasks when requested by the Organization;
• Promote companies’ solutions, including customer meetings, conferences and delivering papers;
• Identify market trends and changes in the local legislation that trigger the use of the company’s solution portfolio
• Adhering to all internal procedures and tools related to risk review stages and bid preparation, forecasting;
• Work closely with other Sales Managers in the Country to create synergies and to ensure a seamless execution of the Country growth strategies
• Assisting Project Managers and Project Engineers in the preparation of biding/execution hand-over procedures;
• Make integrity a main driver for his/her activities.
• Results oriented – driven by an unwavering passion to hit sales targets year over year
• Commercial mindset – top in reading through the client needs and develop a win strategy
• Proven knowledge of nutrient removal processes, experience in solution-selling a plus
• Bachelor's degree (Laurea) in Engineering; Masters or PhD degree is a plus or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Fluent in English and strong technical writing skills
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Self-motivated - capable of stepping up with seniority in front of any layers within the client org Locations:
• Team player – passionate to work with the GE team and engage successfully with clients
• Deep understanding of the water market dynamics; bring an extended network of contacts in Water Companies, Contractors, EPCs and consultancies
• Strong communication and negotiation skills