GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Brent Avenue Site Leader is responsible for running a GE Oil and Gas Center of Excellence for manufacturing, assembly and testing of subsea equipment, with a specialization in master valve block (MVB) components and associated subsea connector parts. The Plant Leader will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for our Brent Avenue site.
In this role, you will utilize experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute business objectives for self and your team, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Responsible for ensuring all EHS policies and procedures are implemented within the facility; supporting the site to achieve EHS Excellence by executing the journey to EHS excellence program. (J2EE)
• Core responsibility for ensuring that the site meets business objectives by delivering robust leadership, management and control to the plant Machine Shop and Assembly Shop.
• Responsible for the overall planning, management and control for all manufacturing, machining, test and assembly activities.
• Responsible for acting as the site Operational Lead for the Culture Compass survey, promoting best practice and implementing change based on employee feedback to ensure results improve year on year.
• Schedule and conduct plant meetings (salaried and hourly populations); foster employee engagement and ensure that business and operational goals are effectively communicated to all employees
• Demonstrate and deliver strong leadership through utilizing the GE store and Global Network to bring in non-subsea business to meet or exceed plant utilization and recovery
• Support site leaders in strategic planning of manpower, supporting staff development and succession planning.
• Drive the annual Session C (Talent Management and Succession Planning Processes) acting as a business Talent Champion at all times
• Lead the setting of the annual manufacturing budget setting processes (Blue Print Reviews, Session 2, Op Plan and monthly business reviews)
• Ensure sufficient capacity exists to meet production output targets
• Champion Brilliant Factory and digital strategy and maintain status as 1 of the top 100 GE sites worldwide. Execute Lean and digital roadmap strategy and attain Brilliant Factory status by 2019.
• Proven Manufacturing/Engineering background.
• Preferable Degree qualification minimum HNC or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Experience of working successfully and leading others in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
• Track record of developing strategy and driving manufacturing excellence.
• Effective in engaging with peers within the broader business network to share in best practice, lessons learned and to exploit business capability.
• Effective in engaging hourly and salaried workforce.
• Track record of developing others.
• Strong leadership skill, dynamic, action./results focused.
• Safety leader.
• Process Improvement background with experience/qualifications in Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
• Preferably Manufacturing/ Engineering degree or Masters or equivalent knowledge and experience. Locations:
• Track record of moving an organization to a higher level of success.
• Ability to perform and contribute in a matrix team environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
United Kingdom; Montrose