Staff Software Engineer
- GE Digital
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:16:39 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): China; ShangHai, BeiJing; Beijing
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this role, you will work closely with customers to understand and define requirements, develop technical proposals, and set expectations for complex APM projects. You will act as the technical lead, as well as an individual contributor, on these engagements, contributing to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems while balancing scope versus project time and resource commitments
- Ensure the delivery of each project milestone to be aligned with customer’s expectation on specification, schedule and quality.
- Make sure the design, development and testing work is in accordance with the procedure and standard of GEIP Professional Service.
- Independently lead system architecture design and Software & Hardware solutions development, and actively resolve any issue and risk happened during project implementation.
- Participate in key project meetings (design reviews, scope reviews, status reviews, etc.) to verify overall project status; provide coaching and support to assigned team members.
- Help PM to drive GIM methodology within project team and ensure the adoption of GIM by every team member during whole project cycle.
- Explore new GEIP product / technology and new industry field; share knowledge and project experience with team members; be qualified trainer for training courses.
- Support PM on proposal validation and labor estimation during pre-sale phase
- Comply with all relevant GE policies and procedures
- Bachelor degree in Automation, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5 years’ experience in Industrial Automation area of which at least 2 years as technical leader in SCADA/MIS/MES automation software projects with proven references
- Technical aptitude with VC, VB, C#, SQL and MS Office Suite
- Good knowledge on MES, HMI and Database is preferred
- Familiar with computers and networking.
- Exceptional customer service and good communication skills.
- Project Experience in Automotive, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Metal, Water, Energy or Food & Beverage would be a plus
- Bilingual language skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Able and willing to work in site project environment
- Working under pressure.
Locations: China; ShangHai, BeiJing; Beijing