GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Reporting o the Technical Customer Support Manager GE Smallworld, this role involves working closely with the Product Support and Software Engineering functions, to ensure the provision of excellent first and second line customer support service for our Asset Management (Smallworld GIS) software product set.
• Provide first and second level support for software problem resolution, including reproduction of customer issues, reporting software defects and providing workarounds to customers (including patches) Qualifications/Requirements:
• Interface with product support groups within the engineering function to facilitate case resolution
• Interpret customer needs, assess impact on the customer and prioritize accordingly
• Accurately record and document case activity in a web based issue resolution tool
• Diligently monitor case metrics as an indicator of performance, on time delivery of milestones, backlog and SLA span for support issues; utilization and productivity
• Encourage customer feedback and escalate major, elusive or recurrent issues that affect customer satisfaction
• Provide feedback to development and quality teams and participate in Quality Audits, as necessary
• Perform on-site/remote customer support when required
• Good knowledge of, and adherence to, company internal systems and processes. Total commitment to integrity
• Participate in ‘Championing the Customer’ – devising customer profile reports, understanding user base and user workflows, top issues, site visits etc.
• Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study, training classes and job shadowing
• Help grow team expertise through knowledge sharing (showcases, presentations, technical blogs)
• Contributing to wider Services project work when appropriate, such as testing activities as part of knowledge transfer
• Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering or other degree with relevant experience or equivalent level of experience (can be flexible).
• Interest in, and understanding of software development (coding) and processes.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• A geospatial background is advantageous, prior involvement with Smallworld GIS products is particularly sought after. Locations:
• Experience of the electricity, telecoms and other utility domains
• External focus - creates processes with customer viewpoint and impact in mind and goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction
• Experience with technologies related to the Smallworld product suite, such as Java, JSF, Websphere, FME, .Net and Oracle preferable
• Knowledge of Magik and/or VMDS
• Good presentation and communication skills
• Able to prioritize and multi-task
• Able to work effectively as part of a team
United Kingdom; Cambridge