GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world’s first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running. www.GEEnergyConnections.com .
We are a leading provider of automation and control products and services for equipment and plant control in Power Generation, Process, and Manufacturing industries. Our differentiated Industrial Internet solutions enable customers to optimize equipment performance and ensure reliable and efficient operations by connecting their equipment, data, and people to Insights and Actions generated through Analytics. Our Edge solutions include Outcome Optimizing Controls, Field Agents, Operator Interface products, and an Industrial Communications portfolio for hard to connect distributed assets. Our dedicated team includes some of the best minds in automation capable of solving our customers’ toughest challenges. GE Automation & Controls is a business unit within GE Energy Connections. To learn more, please visit: www.geautomation.com
The Solution Architect actively drives & manages the technology engagement, evaluation and proposal stages of the sales process. In this role, you will act as the customer’s key technical adviser and product advocate, while providing front line assistance to clients developing and deploying Automation and Controls products.
The Solution Architect, you will:
- Utilize a broad set of technical skills to architect, automate, deploy and migrate customer solutions to A&C platforms and solutions
- Assist both Direct Sales and Channel in driving Design Win Growth, mitigating risk and Accelerating Product Wins
- Support Customer Visits and Market events via demo’s and presentations, ensuring exceptional ‘out of box’ experience
- Respond to functional and technical elements of customer’s Requests for Information (RFI)
- Directly influence technical decision-making processes within a wide range of audience’s varying from technical staff to senior executives
- Work through all phases of customer interaction including customer analysis, design implementation and product manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience (Distributed Control systems)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a commercial environment i.e. sales, marketing, application engineering etc.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Fluency in English
- Ability to architect SW / HW solutions from customer RFP’s and/or through direct interaction with customers
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations including continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances
- Knowledge of automation and controls systems design, specification, programming, simulation and testing, as well as plant start-up procedures
- Power user of Microsoft Windows / Linux and other leading operating systems with experience implementing demo and proof-of-concept IOT solutions
- Knowledge of PC operating systems, hardware, and networking
- Experience with end-to-end solution development & deployment at customer’s premises, understanding IT dependencies, manageability requirements and security considerations
- Proven ability to influence with good presentation skills, along with an extensive experience in customer facing activities
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: India; Pune, Gurgaon, Noida