GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Senior Product Manager – Industrial Controls Software is a key and essential role within the Subsea Product Management team. The role provides the focus, vision and leadership required to grow GE Oil & Gas Subsea Production System (SPS) margin and share through software & industrial control differentiation and efficiencies.
This varied and wide reaching role touches all parts of our business and our customers. The ‘Product Manager – Industrial Controls Software’ is responsible for: Qualifications/Requirements:
• Applying differentiated and efficient approaches to the creation, configuration and deployment of software for O&G projects;
• Driving cultural transformations in operational fulfillment teams, to improve software execution and delivery, with the latest thinking in software best practices;
• Responsible for software product development requirements, support and management;
• Optimizing software execution cycle time;
• Management of Industrial Control and networking devices, along with interfaces to Distributed Control Systems and subsea instruments;
• Supporting regional Sales and ComOps teams in customer pre-engagement and tenders; highlighting competitive opportunities, identifying risk and defining contractual deliverables;
• Understanding and actively minimizing our cost position in tenders;
• Assisting with bid handover process to ensure pre-award opportunities and risks are effectively managed into execution, thereby protecting or growing project margins;
• Benchmarking our competitors from a software technology, cycle and cost perspective;
• Identifying customer value and future market trends, to ensure our product offering remains competitive through innovation and product development, both at SPS-level and through the wider ‘GE Store’;
• Writing and delivering key-note technical presentations at industry events;
• Supporting the development and growth of Digital offerings in GE, by interfacing with counterparts in GE Digital divisions, and supporting the migration of legacy capabilities into the GE Predix platform.
• Bachelor’s Degree in software or industrial network engineering, or relevant experience or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Business experience in Industrial Control Systems organizations with a software bias.
• Excellent presentation and written skills are required, to enable clear and concise delivery of information to senior staff, customers and contractors.
• The ability to demonstrate the technical and commercial case for or against products / systems as necessary.
• Ability to go fast, but be prepared to learn and adapt.
• A readiness to make decisions, take initiative and originate action, while engaging internal and external stakeholders.
• Good team working abilities.
• Customer focused.
• Ability to organize and schedule events, activities and resources. Also monitor costs and timelines, particularly relating to improvement projects and research and development projects
• Some subsea software and embedded software experience is preferable.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Locations:
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Established project management skills.
United Kingdom; Bristol