About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Description: Position will serve as the local owner for sourcing for the assigned commodity(s) and business segments. These responsibilities include the development, communication and execution of strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives for assigned commodity within the purchase family, which includes the Cost of Bill of Materials, Target Costing and Should-Be Costing activities. This may include global commodity responsibility.
• Leading the development & execution of the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
• Leading sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
• Performing detailed cost analysis of components & manufacturing processes used by our suppliers to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
• Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and developing improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
• Partnering with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
• Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management.
Specific to Direct Sourcing responsibilities:
• Drive sourcing strategic initiatives to ensure optimal cost productivity, fulfillment, and obsolescence/life-cycle management by leveraging standardization and latest industry practices.
• Building deep relationships with Strategic Suppliers Relationships driving early supplier engagement into GE’s New Product Introduction (NPI) process, and long-term partnership for wing-to-wing product lifecycle.
Specific to Indirect Sourcing responsibilities:
• Driving business productivity metrics affected by indirect sourcing, ensuring accuracy, identifying new areas of opportunity to drive cost out, implement operating efficiency or improve productivity, including leading bullet trains within the P&L.
• Affecting improvement in sourcing processes through digitization and simplification including management / employee communication, policy recommendations or management dashboards for individual spend controls.
Qualifications/Requirements: Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Knowledge and understanding of GEHC Purchasing Controls Procedure and associated Work Instructions and operates within them to ensure that all purchased product and services conform to specified requirements.
5. Develop and maintaining of fully qualified and compliant supply base.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical discipline, or a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years work experience in sourcing or procurement or 9 years work experience in sourcing or procurement.
2. 3 years work experience with technical depth/knowledge in assigned commodities, or 3 years of Commercial Sourcing, Supply Chain or Engineering experience
3. Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of time
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
2. Minimum of 7 years of commercial sourcing experience in all facets of the assigned commodities
3. Excellent negotiations skills and analytical skills with the ability to manage and develop supplier relationships
4. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
5. Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
6. Experience implementing a compliant supply chain
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.