Client Operation Leader – Lifecycle & Service
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:23:14 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): China, Taiwan; ShangHai; Shanghai;Beijing;Taiwan
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
This role is an experienced role with background in water treatment-systems, in technical and commercial manager roles. This individual is responsible for providing technical guidance, solution and as a customer facing point throughout the region and will support a group of site skilled people including service engineers, mechanical installation, electrical installation, controls engineers and commissioning engineers.
• Resource allocations in Greater China regions to support development of Lifecycle business, including replacement & upgrade, contractual service and digital solution
• Key participant in development lifecycle business technology strategy
• Grow the competitive replacement business and membrane service business in the region. Understand individual customer needs, develop action plans and communicate to the commercial team. Document competitors’ activities and assess potential market moves
• Play a key role in technology support for competitive replacement projects, also provide coaching and mentoring for sales and CF&E engineers. Develop service and installation work scopes, schedules and cost estimates to facilitate total scope of offerings
• Play a key role in technology support membrane service projects, also provide coaching and mentoring for sales and CF&E engineers.
• Review of selected inSight reports; makes quick and sound technical decisions from limited or ambiguous data; and provide professional advice / proactive action or diagnosis report
• Support the field service team to ensure all field operations inputs drive a quality, optimized and risk mitigated proposal
• Focal point to uncover and resolve complex technical warranty issues in key projects and CITs
• Support implementation of all field operation processes and CITs resolution.
• Creates actionable strategies for driving organizational technology objectives
• Consistently demonstrates extremely high levels of technical and application expertise, ingenuity, and creativity
• Provide the leadership to create an environment that builds teamwork, drive effective reporting, communications and facilitates success in compliance with all GE policies
• Support Eng. / sales team with sales calls to clients, owners and consultants
• Provide professional advice / recommendations on various treatability / optimized design options for projects
• Minimum 10 years of work experience in process or technical management water business;
• Demonstrated leadership style showing capabilities, work in a rapidly changing environment and operate independently to deliver business results;
• Strong water and wastewater treatment technology background and be familiar with GE water treatment equipment;
• Clear and concise communicator, demonstrated strong influencing and team building skills and comfortable and proficient communication skills
• Director or Master degree in environment/chemical engineering
• Bilingual (English and Chinese) communication capability;
• Ability to travel;
• Drive a winning mentality and culture
• Good Chinese/English language skill sets
• Training experiences
• Financial acumen.
Locations: China, Taiwan; ShangHai; Shanghai;Beijing;Taiwan