GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
The Senior Sales/Bid Support Manager will support the APAC commercial team to drive profitable growth and strong cash generation in the region. He/she will be accountable for strong contribution towards smart campaign strategy and leadership in financial modeling and risk management of the same. Essential Responsibilities: Campaign strategy and navigation:
- Understand campaign needs, competitive landscape and customer dynamics to proactively highlight pressure points and identify trade-offs.
- Support SD/SSD in developing robust strategy balancing customer needs with internal metrics.
- Collaborate with SD for flawless execution and adept negotiation.
Underwriting and risk management:
- Lead deal underwriting process and financial modeling.
- Work closely with OPE and product line to understand and validate underlying technical modeling. Provide necessary analytics to assess risk and better understand non-standard deal structures.
- Strive to win campaigns by developing appropriate deal structures/products that would meet unique customer needs along with business objectives in terms of cash and margin.
Contract and risk framework:
- Understand contract T&Cs to effectively develop risk management strategies.
- Proactively highlight non-standard modeling for protection through appropriate contractual terms.
- Conduct contract flow-downs and debriefs of campaigns to help develop of strong risk management process for GE Aviation.
- Support global risk and commercial finance initiatives/projects.
- Collaborate across global team to share/learn and support each other.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ financial work experience
- Business partnership experience – providing cross functional financial leadership and strategic insight to help meet operational goals
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Sound business acumen
- Demonstrated success in a project leadership role, with the ability to
influence others in a highly matrixed environment
- Knowledge of contract processes and proposals