About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company. GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Role Summary: In the role, you will own building analytics products for GE Transportation Customer Performance Analytics. You will leverage deep technical & domain expertise & partner with stakeholders to define & execute on strategic roadmap for service provided to customers. You will also define reusable interfaces, lead research & evaluation of emerging technologies, industry & market trends, & assist in project development.
Essential Responsibilities: Responsibilities as an engineering leader:
• Responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety.
• Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems.
• Works independently and is seen as a technical leader.
• Is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
• Proven track record of successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation.
• Provides expertise in Design, Architecture, Development, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Expert in providing oversight, mentoring team members and leading large development efforts.
• Experienced in effectively delegating work.
• Deep understanding of the market and competing product offerings. Demonstrates the ability of benchmarking against competition.
• Expert level skills in building value proposition with total customer focus.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Demonstrates expert level skills in collaboration with different stakeholders, Influences decisions, ability to take strategic view.
• Leads the efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in custom solutions.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary – as a value offering.
• Defines and owns coding and design standards, ensures secure development practices, establishes expectations around performance, drives internationalization, and manages CI/CD pipelines.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
• Extensive IT professional experience.
• Very strong experience in the field of advance analytics
• Extensive experience with integration technologies (e.g. Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA Suite, or other similar).
• Strong experience with infrastructure, software, applications and database systems.
• Proven experience in managing scrum/XP teams
Desired Characteristics: • Proven experience of working with executive-level stakeholders to define overall analytics strategy.
• Track record of driving analytics innovation and technology-driven business outcomes.
• Experience managing budgets including annual budgets and large scale projects.
• Strong leadership skills with ability to influence outcomes and organize teams to attain shared goals.
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities.
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
• Experience working with others on a global basis.
• Ability to apply knowledge to coach and mentor others.
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives.
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
• Change orientation – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.