GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business. Follow GE Power & Water on Twitter @GE_PowerWater.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! GE offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017. Role Summary:
For our Technology Center we are looking for an analytical chemist, who is a specialist in Chromatography. Essential Responsibilities: Functional Responsibilities
- Plans, conducts, and may lead one or more projects including determining objectives and organizing efforts.
- Works with minimal supervision and has wide latitude and discretion over methods used to achieve technical objectives.
- Decisions or recommendations result in achieving significant project objectives.
- Participates in setting technical and program goals.
- Scouts analytical market and proposes capital budgets in line with business blueprint
- Implements procedures ensuring high quality standards (ISO9001).
- Implements data driven quality (Lean - 6Sigma) improvement plans.
- Provide analytical support and problem solving for GE Water and Process Technologies’ internal and external customers.
- In-depth analytical characterization of water, deposit and oil samples though in-depth analytical expertise
- Determination of root cause of issue/failure, formulate solutions for though-to-treat systems
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical instruments including gas chromatography (GC/MS, GC/FID, GC/NPD, Thermal desorption and pyrolysis), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Ion chromatography (IC/CD, IC/MS)
- Preparation, analysis and reporting of routine and non-routine samples.
- Continuous improvement of analytical methods and associated standard operating procedures
- Develop and validate new methods in line with business requirements.
- Recognized as an authority in area of expertise within division.
- Responsible for recommending, developing and implementing technical projects to support business goals and objectives.
- Compile analytical customer reports
- Assist in setting up investments plans in anticipation of future market changes.
- Master or PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Chemical/Environmental Engineering, Materials/Polymer Science or equivalent knowledge or experience with relevant experience in a similar role.
- Extended expertise in chromatographic analyses and mass spectrometry as well as in other analytical techniques
- Expertise in one of the following areas is an advantage: Hydrocarbon Process Industry, cooling, boiler and/or waste water treatment, Membrane separations technology.
- Affinity for Environment, Health and Safety framework
- Excellent conceptual problem solving skills-ability to consider overall problem
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an advantage.
- PC literate