Lead Commodity Management Specialist
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:17:59 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Downstream Technology Solutions
Location(s): Japan; Kariwa
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Commodity Management Specialist will work as the local owner for sourcing for the assigned commodities and business segments. These responsibilities include the development, communication and execution of strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives for assigned commodities, which drive deflation and cost avoidance.
• Leading the development & execution of the local sourcing strategies that delivers a competitive advantage driving the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
• Leading sourcing execution for assigned commodity(s) or suppliers, including full accountability for buy and meeting deflation targets.
• Performing detailed cost analysis of components & manufacturing processes used by our suppliers to ensure highest quality at the lowest cost solution.
• Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance.
• Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, and database management.
• Synergize with other commodity leaders within global F&PT to develop / execute strategy to contract and drive savings
• Drive sourcing program and lead Site Unique material initiatives for strategic sourcing team including management of deflation activities and supply change risk mitigation
• Deliver deflation on Year over Year measurable buy, reduce product cost and support fulfillment metrics
• In accordance with global commodity strategy, drive supplier selection, and manage supplier relation
• Support Sourcing Initiatives including cycle time reduction, Emerging Markets, Product Cost Out (PCO), Contractual Service Agreement (CSA) and New Product Introduction (NPI) Sourcing practices and cash flow improvement
• Manage projects in a matrix organization across the globe; including interacting with manufacturing personnel to understand unique supplier requirements of global supply chain business
• Provide technical guidance to suppliers toward assuring product/process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical discipline, or a Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 5 years work experience in sourcing or procurement in the assigned commodity(s).
• 3 years work experience with mechanical depth/knowledge in assigned commodities, or 3 years of Commercial Sourcing or Supply Cain experience
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of time
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Production Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years of commercial sourcing experience in all facets of the assigned commodities
• Excellent negotiations skills and analytical skills with the ability to manage and develop supplier relationships
• Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments
• Experience implementing a compliant supply chain
• Fluent in the Japanese language and business English level
Locations: Japan; Kariwa