Sr Software Engineer
- GE Aviation
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:18:18 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Digital
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Sr Software Engineer will be responsible for working with global customers and IT teams to ensure smooth functioning, performance and availability. Shall be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set, troubleshooting complex technical production issues, setting up and maintaining build pipelines for products on the platform. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to design discussions.
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
• Demonstrates aptitude and inclination for solving production issues starting from log file analysis to code changes.
• Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices.
• Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
• Demonstrates awareness or product positioning and key differentiators.
• Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language.
• Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
• Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog.
• Experience in micro-services architectures, REST webservices, Java/J2EE, Spring-boot
• Proficient in one or more of the following languages - Java, Python, Go-Lang
• Good debugging skills with knowledge on debug tools, browser plugins etc.
• Experience working on Linux/Unix based servers
• Experience with one or more CI/CD tools. Preferably knowledge on tools like Jenkins, Git.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
• Knowledge of architecture and design patterns
• Working knowledge of application servers, J2EE, Oracle, Unix O/S, Linux, Siteminder, LDAP, Database, Reverse Proxies, Messaging, Service Oriented Architecture, and physical architectures
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Locations: India; Bangalore