GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the world’s largest providers of credit and expertise. For more than 1 million businesses, GE Capital provides financing to purchase, lease and distribute equipment, as well as capital for real estate and corporate acquisitions, refinancings and restructurings. GE Capital operates in a number of industries, from airlines, healthcare and energy financing to fleet, franchise and middle market corporate finance. For approximately 80 million consumers, GE Capital offers credit cards and retail sales finance programs. GE Capital is an extension of GE's rich heritage of building and supporting growth, providing customers with insight, knowledge and expertise in addition to financing. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Join us and you’ll find yourself part of a dynamic team full of professional challenges and opportunities.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
At GE Capital, we are looking for a Lead Accountant to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the operational controllership activities for Healthcare Equipment Finance (HEF) and Industrial Finance (IF) businesses in Europe. This role would ideally suit an Accounting Analyst with significant Financial Services and Lease Accounting experience who is looking for the opportunity to drive process improvements in a growing business and develop their own career.
Continuation of Role Summary or Purpose:
Fluency in French written and spoken required.
• Ensure proper accounting and controls in area of focus (i.e. external reporting, cash settlement, client management, closing & reporting). Qualifications/Requirements:
• Supports HEF/IFS Controller with intercompany processes between Industrial Finance and GE Industrial business.
• Identify controllership simplification and process improvement opportunities.
• Prepare account reconciliations and execute on monthly & quarterly close tasks.
• Lead statutory closing, work closely together with in-country teams to support the statutory closing & audit
• Coordinate with controllership and finance teams
• Review and conduct analysis of financial statements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Experience in Financial Services or a Leasing Business
• Demonstrable Lease Accounting experience
• Strong Accounting background
• Experience with French and/or Italian statutory accounting
• Fluent English and French
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Public Accounting Experience (CPA) Locations:
• Experience working in a matrix organization
• Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion or OLM Financial Systems
• Italian language qualifications are considered beneficial to the role
United Kingdom; London, Paris