GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
This critical position presents a unique opportunity to develop products that define healthcare solutions globally. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing products developed by the Imaging and Care Area Solutions team
GE is an equal opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM Essential Responsibilities:
- You will be part of a scrum team that includes software engineers, verification engineers, product owner and software architects.
- You will work in an Agile scrum model and handle the design, implementation and testing responsibility of your work product.
- You will be prototyping and evaluating new technologies/technical requirements.
- You will create, review, and execute performance and reliability planning, testing, and analysis activities, and coordinate resources and equipment needed to run engineering tests
- You will resolve install base issues and customer complaints related to the product by determining root cause of failures/complaints, determining resolution and updating code base/procedures to prevent similar failures from occurring in the future.
- You will collaborate with other programs to perform integration activities and resolving issues.
- You will be involved in engineering efforts to improve product and process quality.
- You will be an active participant in backlog grooming, program increment readiness and planning events.
- You will ensure automated builds and continuous integration of software happens through CI/CD framework.
- You will be involved in technical documentation and coordinating Software release activities.
A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in software development with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Experience with Java/J2EE, Design Patterns, Web technologies (JS, JSON, Angular JS) and OOAD
- 3+ years of experience in Healthcare IT and working with HL7 standard
- Hands on development experience in Core Java, Spring, Hibernate, Perl
- Experience using tools like Eclipse, Clearcase, Maven/Ant, and Bamboo or Cruise control
- Experience with unit testing using JUnit and mock frameworks.
- Experience in Agile development practices: Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Scrum.
- Experience in WebServices using SOAP and RESTful frameworks
- Experience in designing (High Level & Low Level) for J2EE applications using UML and various J2EE/OO Design patterns meeting performance and security reqs
- Creative Problem solver and Open to learning new technologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability