GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Main objective for the role is to drive growth of our Advanced Digestion Technologies (ADT) product business as well as some limited responsibilities for Filters & Membranes in the United Kingdom sub-region. The major focus will be on sale of systems and solutions to UK municipal waste water utilities and their project delivery contractors, product replacement opportunities, modifications as well as upgrades, both with own as well as with competitor installed base in the ADT space. Essential Responsibilities:
To be based anywhere in the UK, the candidate will be responsible to deliver orders against a sub-region specific target and will work closely with a diverse functional team including Project Sales, Product Line Management, Commercial Engineering, Field Services and others to ensure that operating plan targets are met or exceeded in a safe and compliant manner.
This role reports to directly to the Sales Director Flow Europe. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Retain and develop key equipment client accounts after plant commissioning.
• Provide the quality of client service and care which builds a durable basis for equipment clients to continue to buy products, parts & services from GE Water including system upgrades and/or expansions, to be promoters of GE Water and provide positive references to other prospective clients considering a purchase of ADT equipment.
• Identify opportunities and develop strategies to go aggressively after installed base (own as well as potential competitor installations where applicable).
• Develop and oversee growth strategies for different markets and customer segments.
• Potentially identify and qualify new Channel Partners where needed.
• Responsibility for meeting operating plan targets for the region.
• Use multiple ADT products and services to creatively solve customer challenges and issues.
• Maintain focus on compliance at all times; internally and externally.
• Participate in the operating rhythms necessary to support operations and growth within the region.
• Strong focus on building strategic accounts, executive level customer relationships and loyalty.
• Manage the entire sales process for assigned clients including lead generation, qualifying of opportunities, forecasting and closing deals.
• Proven years of commercial experience in the UK municipal waste water sector
• Good technical understanding of municipal waste water treatment and Advanced Digestion Technologies
• BS Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical or Environmental) or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• In depth expertise regarding municipal waste water treatment and Advanced Digestion Technologies.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Successfully demonstrated customer focus.
• MBA or advanced technical degree preferred or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Proven track record of industry experience with strong commercial background, predominantly Aftermarket Service related.
• Marketing and/or Business Development experience
• Demonstrated success in planning and executing sales campaigns.
• Ability to manage and influence team members in a matrix organization.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work closely with multiple groups in a cross functional/cultural environment.
GE announced they signed a definitive agreement to sell the Water & Process Technologies business to SUEZ, a services and solutions company with global operations primarily in water and waste management. The deal will be subject to customary closing conditions such as regulatory review and appropriate consultation and we expect this to be complete by mid-2017. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017 Locations:
United Kingdom; UK