Sourcing Specialist - Buying/Procurement
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:18:51 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Solutions
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for Fulfillment of Service items for O&G business. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Coordination and timely communication between all the stakeholders involved and suppliers is a very important characteristic of the role.
- Ensure PO acknowledgement submitted by the supplier within the prescribed time and update the same in the system.
- Assess supplier capabilities and get detailed manufacturing schedule.
- Implement sourcing strategies to ensure supplier executes the job as per the need of the project.
- Keep a weekly track on the manufacturing schedule of our orders and update the system on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with buying, engineering or quality team to resolve any supplier issue as per the project requirement to ensure smooth execution.
- Write reports to track PO activity and supplier performance.
- Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy.
- Drive effective recovery plans when the supplier is in delay and ensure support to the project team.
- Check for the submission of documentations required along with the material.
- Coordinate and regular follow-up with receiving teams to get your material received on time.
- Support supplier to get their invoices cleared as and when required.
- Prepare long term strategies to improve the performance of supplier.
- Initiate Simplification and Digitization projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Bachelors of Engineering or B.Tech degree from an accredited university or college with experience in a Sourcing role ranging between 2-4 years
- Experience in Sourcing, reviewing production plans, writing fulfillment reports and supplier performance reports.
- Strong Influencing skills and Leadership skills in driving through multiple stakeholders
- Capability to work in teams
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- PC and database proficiency.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Efficient with Oracle, SAP based databases.
- Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
Locations: India; Pune