Lead Engineer 2 - Systems Engineering
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:18:55 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): India; Noida
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Following minimum activities are expected to be done by this position:
• System design including system study i.e. load flow, short circuit study, load balance, motor starting .
• SLD preparation.
• Preparing the specification of Electrical Components/ system.
• Follow & apply GE EHS Policy with technical support from the package Lead Engineer and Experts.
Ensure that the design is according to the applicable rules, regulations, codes and standards and according to good engineering practice.
• Preparation of electrical power supply concept and key one line diagram.
• System Study.
• Preparation of electrical specification for engineering and supply.
• Preparation/review of electrical design concept and electrical standard specifications.
• Support to Project Engineering Manager in their project activities.
• Support Procurement in the management of all claims and variations from the subcontractor.
• Support the preparation of the Quality Control Plan (QCP).
• Proactively follow-up & do the input management to track and trace documents and material through the document management team, expediting team
and MTA system. Providing technical replies to clients/consultants/vendors and responsible for correctness of the documents.
• Represent engineering scope of supply and services to the project team and towards the customers and suppliers.
• Preparation/checking of RFQ specifications for electrical components in tender/Project execution stage according to project specific requirements.
• Review of vendor offers, preparation/review of TTAs.
• Review of post order vendor docs/data sheets.
• Participate in design review and design freeze meetings and ensure the corrective actions defined by the design review are closed on time.
• Support in claim negotiations and preparation of relevant document and facts.
• Ensure coordinated approach in all areas with the other engineering activities / Disciplines.
• Support to tender team as per requirement.
• Support to standardization/cost out efforts.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 8-12 years of Experience in Electrical component design / Electrical network.
• Knowledge of power plant Electrical concept.
• Good Knowledge of ETAP /MATLAB.
• Knowledge of National / Inter National code and standard like IS, IEC IEEE.
Functional Know How:
• Know and apply Design methods, rules and tools to specify the systems / components.
• Power plant basic knowledge.
• Knowledge of interfaces.
• Good skill in the use of computer applications and computer tools.
• Basic concept of control system
• Good knowledge of Engineering, design and project management tools and methods.
Ability to foresee technical risks and prepare mitigation strategies accordingly to eliminate/minimize the impact.
• Good presentation skills.
• Mobile to travel to sites/client/vendor facilities on demand.
• Good command on written & verbal communication skills in English.
• Team player with good interpersonal skills.
Locations: India; Noida