Sr Software Engineer
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:19:52 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
Location(s): India; Mumbai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to front end & back end development with focus on SaaS based product development for Digital Industrial Platform(Predix – Industrial IOT Platform).
1) As the Senior Software Engineer you need to contribute to SaaS product developed in global team. You are expected to have working experience with various global development teams in IOT SaaS product.
2) Being a part of the development team, you will contribute on Front End User Interface & Back End layer in SaaS product.
3) You should understand various parameter like code coverage, security checks, automation etc. and nurture the quality of code that helps feature deployment with ease in SaaS area.
4) You are required to participate actively in Scrum team following Agile/TDD/BDD approach. You need to have experience in understanding user story from Product Manager & Ux Engineer and develop features that meet all acceptance criteria of Product Owner.
1) Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
2)Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
3) Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices. Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team.
1) At least 8 years of experience with Software Design and Java.
2) Strong knowledge of OOAnalysis & Design, JIRA and Maven is expected from a Senior Software Engineer.
3) A dedicated developer who understands issues and presents clear rationale; thinks in terms of scalability & fault tolerance architecture and can deliver small and medium sized features while mentoring team members.
A minimum of 8 year(s) of professional experience in software engineering with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's Degree with 6 year(s) of experience in software engineering.
1) Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
Locations: India; Mumbai