Instrumentation & Control/Operation Support Engineer
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:19:56 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Japan; Chiba
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- To support customer with operation of combined cycle power plant.
- Accountable for planned and unplanned maintenance activities on Instrumentation&Control (I&C) system equipment at the Power Station where an o&M contract exists.
- Leading the team of I&C Technicians
- Responsible for proactively ensuring that I&C related maintenance activities are compliant with GE quality assurance system and meet GE contractual, technical and commercial obligations.
The general tasks and responsibilities for this function are:
- Review logic changes and implement logic changes (simulation) while unit is on/offline.
- Provide operational advice to customer (loading curve, shutdown curve, any operational limitations, any special requirements, and etc)
- Provide the day to day instructions to the I&C technicians for all I&C related maintenance activities in order to maintain an optimal plant availability.
- Ensure all I&C related maintenance activities are identified and carried out in compliance with GE strategy
- Review the routine maintenance planning and execution on relevant I&C equipment. Ensure proper record of changes is kept available
- During planned or unplanned inspections arrange and organize local subcontractors to perform tasks under GE supervisors direction
- Work closely with GE field service and inspection personnel to ensure safe and effective coordination and cooperation between all parties during planned or unplanned inspections
- For any equipment failure, lead root cause analysis and submit incident reports to customer in a timely manner.
- Review I&C spare parts for daily activities.
- Comply with customer as well as GE Power O&M and legislative EHS requirements relevant to assigned duties and responsibilities. Ensure all GE’s suppliers of services comply too with all applicable Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
- Assist in determining relevant training for site staff and its subsequent implementation. Train and guide any GE Power O&M Power Station employees, and periodically assess their ability and potential in the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation field
- Ensure appropriate tools and equipment are available on site for I&C activities to be carried out as per the good engineering practices
- Review all I&C related FSI (Field Service Instruction) to be implemented during outages and provide tool for FSI implementation tracking.
- College Degree preferably in Control or Electrical Engineering.
- Three to five years experience in commissioning, operation or maintenance of Power Stations (CC) or equivalent facilities
- International experience.
- Good knowledge of the general control system
- Excellent communication skill; requires native level of Japanese and business level of English
- Good understanding of contract guarantee metrics, e.g. gas turbine availability, reliability and efficiency
- Good understanding of PTW system
- Cost consciousness, achieving site costs targets
- Failure analysis and investigation
Locations: Japan; Chiba